A record-breaking boat
Hydros.ch is a hydrofoil catamaran, a record-breaker and a veritable floating laboratory. It was first launched on Lake Geneva in 2010. The boat was designed jointly by the marine engineering team at the Hydros research centre and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), and built by the Décision SA shipyard.
Between 2011 and 2014, Hydros.ch smashed Lake Geneva’s three most prestigious speed records for multi-hulled boats, making it an ambassador for Swiss expertise, competitiveness and innovation.
- June 2015 : Lake Zurich one-kilometre record (22.1 knots – about 40.9 km/h)
- September 2014: Lake Zurich Ruban Bleu*, 2 hours and 25 minutes to sail the route Zurich – Rapperswil – Zurich, a distance of some 30 nautical miles (56 km)
- May 2014: Lake Geneva Ruban Bleu, 4 hours and 30 minutes to sail the route Geneva – Le Bouveret – Geneva, a distance of some 67 nautical miles (123 km)
- August 2013: Lake Geneva Ruban Bleu*, 4 hours, 45 minutes and 10 seconds
- July 2012: Lake Geneva one-hour record (25.63 knots – about 47 km/h)
- October 2011: Lake Geneva one-kilometre record (31.46 knots – about 58 km/h)
* Record held over a set course
Hydros.ch is part of Hydros’ genes and its greatest ambassador